Parsippany Personal Injury Lawyer
Suffered an Injury Caused By Negligence in Parsippany, NJ?
At The Law Offices Of James C. DeZao, P.A., we understand that accidents can happen at any time and can leave you with severe physical, emotional, and financial damages. That's why we're here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our Parsippany personal injury attorneys have years of experience in handling a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and more. We understand the complexities of the legal system and will work tirelessly to ensure your rights are protected.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury refers to a legal term that encompasses a wide range of injuries or harm inflicted on an individual's body, mind, or emotions due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional actions of another person, company, or entity. Personal injury cases typically involve a person (the plaintiff) seeking compensation from the responsible party (the defendant) to cover the damages resulting from the injury. These damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Here are some common types of personal injury cases:
- Car Accidents: These are among the most common personal injury cases. They involve injuries resulting from collisions between vehicles, often due to the negligence of one of the drivers.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: These occur when someone slips, trips, or falls due to unsafe conditions on another person's property, such as a slippery floor or poorly maintained sidewalk.
- Medical Malpractice: When healthcare professionals fail to provide an acceptable standard of care, resulting in harm to a patient, it can lead to medical malpractice claims. This can include misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication errors, and more.
- Workplace Accidents: Injuries sustained on the job may result in workers' compensation claims or personal injury lawsuits against third parties, especially if negligence played a role.
- Product Liability: If a defective product causes injury to a consumer, the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer may be held liable for damages.
- Dog Bites: When a dog owner's pet injures someone, the owner may be liable for the victim's injuries and related expenses.
- Premises Liability: Property owners have a responsibility to maintain safe conditions on their premises. If someone is injured on their property due to negligence, the property owner may be liable.
- Assault and Battery: Intentional harm, including physical violence, can lead to personal injury cases, and the perpetrator may face both criminal charges and civil lawsuits.
- Nursing Home Abuse: If residents of nursing homes or assisted living facilities are subjected to neglect or abuse, they or their families may file personal injury claims.
- Catastrophic Injuries: These cases involve severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, or burns, often resulting in long-term disability and significant medical expenses.
- Wrongful Death: When a person dies due to the negligence or intentional actions of another party, the surviving family members may file a wrongful death lawsuit to seek compensation for their loss.
New Jersey Personal Injury Laws
Personal injury laws in New Jersey govern the legal rights and responsibilities of individuals who have been injured due to the negligence or intentional actions of others.
To succeed in a personal injury claim, you must establish that the other party was negligent or at fault in causing your injuries. Negligence generally involves proving that the defendant owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and that the breach directly caused your injuries.
Keep in mind, New Jersey follows a modified comparative negligence system. This means that if you are partially responsible for the accident that caused your injuries, your compensation may be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault. However, if you are found to be more than 50% at fault, you may be barred from recovering any damages.
In a personal injury case, you may be eligible for various types of damages, including:
- Economic Damages: These include medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
- Non-Economic Damages: These include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of extreme negligence or intentional harm, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the at-fault party.
Many personal injury cases are resolved through negotiated settlements between the parties involved. If a settlement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial, where a judge or jury will determine the outcome.
Personal injury law can be complex, and it's often in your best interest to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who can evaluate your case, negotiate on your behalf, and represent you in court if necessary.
Why Choose Us?
At The Law Offices Of James C. DeZao, P.A., we're committed to providing personalized, compassionate service to each of our clients. We believe in keeping you informed every step of the way and will always be available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
When you choose us to represent you, we'll start by conducting a thorough investigation of your case to determine liability and identify all potential sources of compensation. We'll also work closely with medical experts to assess the full extent of your injuries and their impact on your life.
Once we have a clear understanding of your case, we'll negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to secure a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If necessary, we'll also take your case to court to fight for your rights and the compensation you deserve.
Capable of Handling a Wide Variety of Case Types
Always Available & Accessible To Our Clients
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
Personalized Attention & Curated Legal Plans
150+ Years of Collective Legal Experience
Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients
Work Accident Case $2,000,000
Motor vehicle Accident $3,100,000
Drunk Driving Case $14,000,000
Drunk Driver Accident $14,100,000
Bus Accident $2,000,000
“He was very genuine from the outset, and I can’t say enough about how professional and knowledgeable he was.”- Ivan V.
“Always available to answer any questions that I had and explained the whole process to me.”- Nicole L.
“They have made my overall process less stressful. I would recommend this law firm to anyone.”- Marijana K.
“I am very pleased with all of your guidance and recommendations.”- S.T.
Let Us Help You Move Forward