Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients
Personalized Attention & Curated Legal Plans
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
Always Available & Accessible To Our Clients
Capable of Handling a Wide Variety of Case Types
Parsippany Car Accident Attorney
Injured in a Car Crash in Parsippany, NJ?
If you've been injured in a car accident in Parsippany, you need an experienced and compassionate legal team on your side. At The Law Offices Of James C. DeZao, P.A., we understand the devastating impact that car accidents can have on individuals and their families. That's why we offer dedicated legal representation to those who have been injured in car accidents in Parsippany and throughout New Jersey.
We understand that every car accident is unique, and we take the time to understand the specific circumstances of each case. We work closely with our clients to develop a personalized legal strategy that is tailored to their individual needs. Let us help you recover your entitled compensation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
A car accident, also known as a traffic accident or motor vehicle accident (MVA), is a collision involving one or more automobiles that results in damage to the vehicles and may also lead to injuries or fatalities. Car accidents can vary in severity from minor fender-benders to catastrophic crashes, depending on factors such as the speed of the vehicles involved and the angle of impact.
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: This is one of the leading causes of car accidents and includes activities like texting, talking on the phone, eating, adjusting the radio, or using in-car entertainment systems while driving.
- Speeding: Driving at speeds higher than the posted speed limit or too fast for road and weather conditions increases the likelihood of accidents and makes collisions more severe.
- Drunk Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs a driver's judgment, coordination, and reaction time, leading to an increased risk of accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs: The use of prescription or illegal drugs can impair a driver's ability to operate a vehicle safely.
- Reckless or Aggressive Driving: Behaviors such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, road rage, and ignoring traffic signals or signs can lead to accidents.
- Fatigue: Drowsy driving can be as dangerous as drunk driving, as it impairs a driver's alertness and reaction time. Falling asleep at the wheel is a serious risk.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions, such as rain, snow, ice, fog, and heavy winds, can reduce visibility and road traction, increasing the chances of accidents.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven road surfaces, lack of proper signage, and poorly designed intersections can contribute to accidents.
- Mechanical Failures: Vehicle malfunctions, such as brake failure, tire blowouts, and engine problems, can lead to accidents if drivers lose control of their vehicles.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs: Disobeying traffic signals and signs can result in collisions at intersections.
- Inexperienced or Inattentive Drivers: Novice drivers may lack the skills and judgment needed to navigate complex traffic situations, and inattentive drivers may fail to notice potential hazards.
- Wildlife and Road Hazards: Collisions with animals, debris on the road, or unexpected obstacles can cause accidents.
- Tailgating: Following the vehicle in front too closely reduces reaction time and can lead to rear-end collisions.
- Failure to Yield Right of Way: Ignoring the right-of-way rules at intersections and merging points can result in accidents.
- Aggressive Lane Changes: Abrupt lane changes without signaling or checking blind spots can cause accidents.
New Jersey Car Accident Laws
New Jersey follows a no-fault insurance system, which means that after an accident, your own insurance company will typically cover your medical expenses and some other economic losses, regardless of who was at fault for the accident. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage is mandatory in New Jersey, and it helps pay for medical bills, lost wages, and essential services.
Despite the no-fault system, there are situations where you can pursue a claim against the at-fault driver for damages, especially when injuries are severe or meet certain criteria. These are known as "tort" claims. To do this, you must meet the state's threshold for filing a lawsuit based on the severity of your injuries or damages. This threshold typically includes significant injuries, death, disfigurement, or a certain amount of medical expenses.
However, if the at-fault party believes you are partially to blame for causing the collision, New Jersey follows a modified comparative negligence system. This means that if you are partially at fault for the accident, your compensation may be reduced by your percentage of fault. Yet, if you are found to be more than 50% at fault for the accident, you may not be eligible to recover any damages from the other party.
Ready to Help You Today
After a car accident, you may be dealing with medical bills, property damage, and insurance companies that are looking out for their bottom line. Without legal representation, you may inadvertently accept a settlement that doesn't fully cover your expenses. This is where our experienced Parsippany car accident lawyers come in.
Here's what you can expect when you choose our firm to help you with your car accident claim:
- Thorough Investigation: We will conduct a detailed investigation to gather evidence and determine liability in your case. This includes collecting accident reports, speaking to witnesses, and consulting with experts if necessary.
- Expert Negotiation: Our experienced negotiators will work tirelessly to reach a fair settlement with the at-fault party's insurance company. We won't settle for less than you deserve.
- Aggressive Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are fully prepared to take your case to court. Our trial lawyers have a proven track record of success in the courtroom.
- Open Communication: Throughout the process, we will keep you informed about the progress of your case and answer any questions you may have. You will have direct access to your attorney, and we are always here to provide support and guidance.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Parsippany or anywhere in New Jersey, don't hesitate to contact The Law Offices Of James C. DeZao, P.A. at (973) 358-6134 today. Our skilled attorneys are ready to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Work Accident Case $2,000,000
Motor vehicle Accident $3,100,000
Drunk Driving Case $14,000,000
Drunk Driver Accident $14,100,000
Bus Accident $2,000,000
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
“He was very genuine from the outset, and I can’t say enough about how professional and knowledgeable he was.”- Ivan V.
“Always available to answer any questions that I had and explained the whole process to me.”- Nicole L.
“They have made my overall process less stressful. I would recommend this law firm to anyone.”- Marijana K.
“I am very pleased with all of your guidance and recommendations.”- S.T.
Let Us Help You Move Forward