Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients
Personalized Attention & Curated Legal Plans
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
Always Available & Accessible To Our Clients
Capable of Handling a Wide Variety of Case Types
Parsippany Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Helping Injured Cyclists in Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
When a bicycle is involved in a collision with a motor vehicle, the cyclist is almost always the one who suffers the most severe injuries. In fact, the majority of bicycle accidents result in the cyclist being seriously injured or killed. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
At The Law Offices Of James C. DeZao, P.A., we have been representing injured cyclists in Parsippany-Troy Hills and the surrounding areas for over 25 years. Our bicycle accident attorney has the experience, skill, and resources to effectively handle your case. We will fight to protect your rights and help you seek the maximum compensation you are owed.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Most bicycle accidents are caused by the negligence of a motorist. When a driver fails to exercise reasonable care and causes an accident, they can be held liable for the resulting damages. Our Parsippany bicycle accident attorney can help you prove that the driver’s negligence caused your accident and injuries.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Driver inattention: When a driver is not paying attention to the road, they may not see a cyclist and collide with them.
- Failure to yield: Drivers are required to yield the right-of-way to cyclists when appropriate. When a driver fails to do so, they can cause a serious accident.
- Dooring: Dooring accidents occur when a driver or passenger opens their door into the path of an oncoming cyclist.
- Speeding: When a driver is speeding, they may not have enough time to stop and avoid a collision with a cyclist.
- Drunk driving: Alcohol impairs a driver’s ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. When a driver is drunk, they may not see a cyclist or be able to stop in time to avoid a collision.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
When a cyclist is involved in a collision with a motor vehicle, they are at risk of suffering serious injuries. Even when a cyclist is wearing a helmet and other protective gear, they are still vulnerable to injury. In fact, the majority of bicycle accident injuries are to the head and brain.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, but a doctor can diagnose and treat them before they become worse.
Some of the most common bicycle accident injuries include:
- Head injuries: Head injuries are the most common cause of death in bicycle accidents. They can also cause traumatic brain injuries, which can result in permanent brain damage.
- Facial injuries: When a cyclist is thrown from their bike, they may suffer facial injuries, such as a broken nose or jaw.
- Broken bones: Cyclists often suffer broken bones in accidents, especially in their arms and legs.
- Spinal cord injuries: When a cyclist suffers a spinal cord injury, they may be partially or completely paralyzed.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries are not always immediately apparent, but they can be life-threatening if not treated right away.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries, such as sprains and strains, are common in bicycle accidents.
Who Is Liable for a Bicycle Accident?
When a bicycle accident is caused by the negligence of a motorist, they can be held liable for the resulting damages. In order to prove negligence, you must show that the driver owed you a duty of care, they breached that duty of care, the breach caused the accident, and you suffered damages as a result. All drivers owe a duty of care to others on the road, including cyclists. When a driver fails to exercise reasonable care and causes an accident, they can be held liable for the resulting damages.
However, proving liability in a bicycle accident case can be challenging. Our bicycle accident attorney in Parsippany can help you gather the necessary evidence to prove that the driver’s negligence caused your accident and injuries.
Some of the evidence we may use to prove liability includes:
- Police report: If the police were called to the scene of the accident, they would have created a report. This report may contain important information about the accident, such as who the officer believes was at fault.
- Witness statements: If anyone saw the accident occur, they may be able to provide a statement about what happened. We will interview any witnesses and gather their statements.
- Video footage: If the accident was caught on camera, the footage may show who was at fault. We will gather any available video footage of the accident.
- Accident reconstruction: In some cases, we may need to work with an accident reconstruction expert to recreate the accident and determine who was at fault.
- Cell phone records: If the driver was using their cell phone at the time of the accident, we may be able to use their cell phone records to prove that they were distracted.
How Long Do I Have to File a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit?
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, it is important to contact our Parsippany bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. In New Jersey, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. The same is true for wrongful death lawsuits. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this time frame, you will be barred from recovering compensation for your injuries.
While two years may seem like a long time, it can go by quickly when you are dealing with the aftermath of a serious accident. The sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can get to work on your case.
How Our Bike Accident Lawyer Can Help
After a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. However, the insurance company will do everything it can to avoid paying you the full amount you are owed. They may try to blame you for the accident or downplay the severity of your injuries.
Our bicycle accident lawyer in Parsippany-Troy Hills can help you fight the insurance company and seek the maximum compensation you are owed.
When you choose our firm, we will:
- Investigate the accident: We will gather all available evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, and video footage, to determine who was at fault for the accident.
- Calculate your damages: We will calculate the full extent of your damages, including your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, and more.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: We will handle all negotiations with the insurance company and fight to protect your rights. If the insurance company refuses to make a fair settlement offer, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
Call for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a bike accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Our bike accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the claims process. We will fight to protect your rights and help you seek the maximum compensation you are owed.
We offer free consultations and contingency fees. This means that you do not owe any upfront costs or attorney fees. We only collect a fee if we win your case.
Work Accident Case $2,000,000
Motor vehicle Accident $3,100,000
Drunk Driving Case $14,000,000
Drunk Driver Accident $14,100,000
Bus Accident $2,000,000
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
“He was very genuine from the outset, and I can’t say enough about how professional and knowledgeable he was.”- Ivan V.
“Always available to answer any questions that I had and explained the whole process to me.”- Nicole L.
“They have made my overall process less stressful. I would recommend this law firm to anyone.”- Marijana K.
“I am very pleased with all of your guidance and recommendations.”- S.T.
Let Us Help You Move Forward