Modern medicine is truly miraculous. Treatments are available for virtually every malady or affliction. Some provide relief, others a cure. Indeed, most of us visit a doctor or pharmacist at least once a year for a remedy for suffering or discomfort.
Wondrous as it is, though, medicine is not magic. It is a complicated and sophisticated science, and its administration requires the highest standard of care.
When doctors or pharmacists make medication mistakes, the consequences can be devastating. Too little or too much of any medication — even seemingly modest treatments — can take a serious toll on the body.
The same is true for any treatment, instruction, or administration that causes a patient to use medication in a way that is harmful.
Unfortunately, medication errors are alarmingly common. At The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., we help people who’ve suffered an injury or setback as a result of pharmaceutical error. We understand how emotionally and financially overwhelming any medicinal mistake can be. It’s our mission to offer a helping hand wherever we can.
If you or a loved one has suffered side effects, illness, overdose, or a delay in treatment as a result of medical or pharmaceutical malpractice, please call our office and review your options with a New Jersey attorney for pharmacy errors today.
COMMON DOCTOR ERRORS: MEDICAL MALPRACTICE AND PRESCRIPTION MISTAKES
Medication mistakes may involve the prescription itself or the fulfillment of that prescription. In either event, compensation is available for patients who suffer because of a healthcare professional’s negligence.
Doctors, dentists, psychiatrists, and physician’s assistants (PAs) are just a few of the practitioners authorized to prescribe medication in New Jersey. They might cause harm to their patients if they make any of the following medication mistakes:
- Prescribing the wrong medication for a diagnosed condition
- Erroneous diagnosis of a condition
- Failure to identify the potential for an adverse drug interaction
- Failure to properly inquire about a patient’s medical history, drug use, or prescription history
- Prescribing a medication despite a relevant allergy
- Prescribing the wrong dosage
- Writing an Rx illegibly, causing the pharmacist to make a mistake
- Providing misleading, confusing, or otherwise dangerous instructions for usage of medication
- Failure to monitor for side effects or provide responsible follow-up care.
COMMON PHARMACY ERRORS
Pharmacies make mistakes too. Any of these common pharmacy errors can have dire consequences for unsuspecting patients:
• Mixing up patients or prescriptions
• Confusing medications with similar names
• Filling an Rx with the wrong quantity or dosage
• Failure to identify the potential for an adverse drug interaction
• Failure to refer questions or concerns to the prescribing doctor
• Misreading a doctor’s prescription
• Providing misleading, confusing, or otherwise dangerous instructions for usage of medication.
TALK TO A NEW JERSEY ATTORNEY FOR PHARMACY ERRORS
Medication mistakes are entirely preventable. They usually happen because a doctor or pharmacist is busy, inattentive, inexperienced, or simply careless. The cost of their negligence can be catastrophic — even deadly.
There is no excuse for a medication mistake. It almost always constitutes medical malpractice in New Jersey. If you believe that you or a loved one has suffered hardship, injury, or wrongful death as a result of pharmaceutical error, an experienced lawyer can help.
At The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., our extensive resources empower us to research the potential for your claim and mount a compelling case on your behalf. We always fight tirelessly to recover every single penny that our clients deserve.
These cases aren’t easy, but an experienced attorney can make all the difference. We understand New Jersey medical malpractice law and are prepared to exhaust every available resource in pursuing justice for you and your family.
To schedule a free consultation with a New Jersey attorney for pharmacy errors, please call (973) 358-6134 or use our online quick connect form as soon as possible. Our services are available for residents across all of New Jersey, including Troy Hills, Parsippany, Essex County, Morris County, and beyond.
Capable of Handling a Wide Variety of Case Types
Always Available & Accessible To Our Clients
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
Personalized Attention & Curated Legal Plans
150+ Years of Collective Legal Experience
Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients