Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients
Personalized Attention & Curated Legal Plans
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
Always Available & Accessible To Our Clients
Capable of Handling a Wide Variety of Case Types
New Jersey Misdiagnosis Lawyer
If a medical treatment provider causes a patient to suffer a disease or injury by his or her negligent actions or failures to act, that health care professional may be guilty of medical malpractice. Even if a patient already suffers from a disease or injury, the treatment provider may still face liability for malpractice if his or her actions or inactions increase a patient’s risk of harm or causes the condition to worsen. Medical malpractice can occur in many different scenarios. Here are some of the more common medical mistakes:
- Failure to diagnose and properly treat medical emergencies. In emergency situations prompt and correct treatment is essential.
- Failure to diagnose and properly treat serious medical conditions. Often symptoms are overlooked or a patient is taken for granted. Sometimes x-rays and other test results are misread.
- Surgical mistakes. As slip of a knife can cause severe problems. Sometimes medical instruments or sponges are left inside a patient after surgery by mistake.
- Errors with medication or treatment. A wrong prescription or treatment can cause serious injury or illness.
- Delays in diagnosis. Many times diagnostic delay can have dire consequences, especially in the case of various types of cancer.
- Birth Injuries. Malpractice can often occur during labor. Complications arise that require immediate and proper reactions from doctors and nurses. Cerebral Palsy cases sometimes arise as a result of such medical mistakes.
- Failure to advise of diagnosis. A patient has the right to know the diagnosis so that he or she can properly assess treatment options.
- Lack of Informed Consent. A patient has the right to understand the risks associated with a particular type of treatment.
- Abandonment. A treatment provider cannot always simply stop treating a patient, especially in emergency situations
Contact The Law Offices of James C. DeZao Today
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of possible malpractice, call our office at (973) 358-6134. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many injury cases a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Therefore, please contact us right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.
Work Accident Case $2,000,000
Motor vehicle Accident $3,100,000
Drunk Driving Case $14,000,000
Drunk Driver Accident $14,100,000
Bus Accident $2,000,000
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
“He was very genuine from the outset, and I can’t say enough about how professional and knowledgeable he was.”- Ivan V.
“Always available to answer any questions that I had and explained the whole process to me.”- Nicole L.
“They have made my overall process less stressful. I would recommend this law firm to anyone.”- Marijana K.
“I am very pleased with all of your guidance and recommendations.”- S.T.
Let Us Help You Move Forward