New Jersey Work Zone Accident Attorney
New Jersey is constantly growing. Our roads require regular maintenance to stay in safe shape, and that means the occasional inconvenience of a highway work zone.
As essential and unavoidable as work zones are, though, they’re also undeniably dangerous. That’s true not only for the people working in those areas but also for the motorists and pedestrians passing through them. Too often, innocent people are severely injured in work zone accidents in New Jersey as a result of preventable harm.
At The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, we take work zone accidents very seriously. We’ve seen first-hand how disruptive or even catastrophic the injuries in these areas can be, and it’s our mission to help victims put their lives back together with the help of financial compensation.
While this page focuses on injuries to motorists in work zones, our firm does also represent injured construction workers, pedestrians, and any other third parties who sustain damage in work zone accidents in New Jersey. Please understand that different bodies of law may apply to different parties (highway laborers may have a New Jersey Workers’ Compensation lawsuit, for example). Nevertheless, anyone injured by another party’s negligence is entitled to compensation under the law.
Even a seemingly moderate injury can lead to extensive medical expenses or impairment. Struggling with those setbacks while still trying to live your day-to-day life isn’t easy. Your losses are valuable and you deserve to be compensated by the people who caused them. We will work hard to make sure you recover every single penny you deserve.
You can count on a New Jersey work zone accident attorney in our office to fight for your cause.
Claim vs State
COMMON FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO WORK ZONE ACCIDENTS IN NEW JERSEY
Various parties find themselves at fault in these cases. Sometimes, another motorist’s careless behavior is to blame. In other cases, the local government, a construction crew, or even a third party could be at fault. An experienced New Jersey work zone accident attorney will work with you to carefully investigate the facts and identify each potentially liable party.
Factors commonly contributing to work zone accidents in New Jersey include:
- Negligent Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Plan — City planners and highway engineers use MOTs to make sure that motorists can travel safely through work zones. Unfortunately, MOTs are sometimes negligently executed or designed. We will investigate.
- Construction defects — The road may have been built in a way that deviates from the approved plans or is otherwise unsafe.
- Improper maintenance — Even if the work zone existed to improve a maintenance problem, if there was undue delay or unreasonably insufficient effort in executing the maintenance, there may be grounds for liability.
- Negligent signage or markings — This is especially common in work zones, which are typically littered with confusing temporary signage.
- Steep drop-offs in pavement between lanes, in the middle of a lane, or between the road and the shoulder
- Failure to comply with applicable roadway regulations
- Insufficient lighting and/or reflectors at night
- The presence of large machinery or other obstructions
- Dangerous barricades in or around the construction area
- Negligent operation of construction machines (commonly seen when a machine impacts, runs over, or rolls over onto another vehicle)
- Dangerous electrical hazards
- Negligent driving by other motorists (this may include speeding, texting while driving, distracted driving, aggressive driving, driver fatigue, DUI, etc.)
CONTACT A NEW JERSEY WORK ZONE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY FOR REPRESENTATION
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a work zone accident in New Jersey, The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A. can help. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced New Jersey work zone accident attorney, please call our office at(973) 358-6134 or use our online quick connect form. Remember: time limits apply to these claims, so please don’t delay.
At The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., we are proud to represent injured workers all across New Jersey, including Parsippany-Troy Hills, Morris County, Essex County, and the rest of The Garden State.
Work Accident Case $2,000,000
Motor vehicle Accident $3,100,000
Drunk Driving Case $14,000,000
Drunk Driver Accident $14,100,000
Bus Accident $2,000,000
Capable of Handling a Wide Variety of Case Types
Always Available & Accessible To Our Clients
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
Personalized Attention & Curated Legal Plans
150+ Years of Collective Legal Experience
Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients
“He was very genuine from the outset, and I can’t say enough about how professional and knowledgeable he was.”- Ivan V.
“Always available to answer any questions that I had and explained the whole process to me.”- Nicole L.
“They have made my overall process less stressful. I would recommend this law firm to anyone.”- Marijana K.
“I am very pleased with all of your guidance and recommendations.”- S.T.
Let Us Help You Move Forward